Tuesday 2 February 2016


Stitching is a very meditative process and when I look at a completed piece I can remember exactly what I listened to and where I stitched it. When you are stitching it really is impossible to think about anything else, the music and place slip in but concentrating on the work means I am able to take a break from everything going on around me.

The exhibition at Coffin Works will include stitching sessions, we will follow a simple pattern choosing colours that are dear to you or those that have died and create a really unique piece of work for display on your lapel or to get framed for your wall at home. The sessions will last for around 90 minutes and whether we have music or not I really hope that the memory of making will be one you will treasure.

The exhibition opens on 4th May and the following week (9th - 15th May) is Dying Matters Awareness Week which this year is promoting talking and listening about bereavement,death and dying with their theme "The Big Conversation". Do take a look at their page which is full of information and care.





No comments:

Post a Comment